Qualatex Sempertex
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: 054 - MAGIC BALLOON DESIGN VOL 1 BY BEATING - IN PROGRES
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:00 pm 

FLOWER 3 BALLOON CUP

KIT LIST : 5" DIAMOND CLEAR ROUND / 160Q ORANGE / 160Q LIME GREEN / 160Q DIAMOND CLEAR / PLASTIC CUP

This is a lovely flower and my photo doesn't really do it justice. This flower would be great even if it were not mounted on a cup. A little complex to make but the instructions and photos make it quite clear to follow. I used a larger cup for this design as it was more stable but the little cup would still be OK. To add to this design it would be nice to add a little something to the centre of the flower.

Attachment:
balloonflower3.jpg
balloonflower3.jpg [ 70.79 KiB | Viewed 1570 times ]

Web : www.magicworks.ltd.uk
Twitter :
@magicworksltd
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/magicworks.ltd.uk

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:08 pm 

IGOR

KIT LIST : 11" BLUSH ROUND / 5" BLUSH ROUND / 5" MOCHA ROUND / 5" YELLOW ROUND / 350Q BLUSH / 350Q PURPLE VIOLET / 321Q BLUSH / 260Q MOCHA / 260Q SPRING LILAC / 260Q BLUSH / 260Q PURPLE VIOLET / 160Q BLUSH / 160Q SPRING LILAC / 160Q BLACK / 160Q CHOCOLATE

Firstly to make this design you will need quite a collection of balloon shapes and sizes. Beating's original design uses some Burnt Sienna which I have substituted for Mocha Brown and the end result is fine.

This design is fantastic. Very original, nice and large and is the perfect halloween centre piece. The 11" balloon on the face adds bulk and character and the way the model arches over just like an Igor character would is very well constructed. The add on of the lantern is perhaps a little oversized and this is something I would play with if I made it again. My completed effort was free standing as the lantern made it dip to one side.

I really like this one.

Attachment:
igor.jpg
igor.jpg [ 64.71 KiB | Viewed 1569 times ]

Twitter :
@magicworksltd

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:46 am 

BIG FLOWER POT

KIT LIST : 11" MOCHA ROUND / 6" GEO WHITE / 5" MOCHA ROUND / 260Q RED / 260Q YELLOW / 260Q CHOCOLATE / 260Q MOCHA / 160Q LIME GREEN

A nice variation on a balloon bouquet which has this one presented in a large vase. This one is really good. The three flower structure is nicely designed and the vase itself looks amazing with a tulip twisted 11" round. A beautiful delivery piece. Nothing too difficult here.

Attachment:
flowerpot.jpg
flowerpot.jpg [ 63.07 KiB | Viewed 1544 times ]

Twitter :
@magicworksltd

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:57 am 

BLUE RABBIT

KIT LIST : 6" WHITE HEART / 5" ROBIN EGG ROUND / 5" IVORY SILK ROUND / 350Q WHITE / 350Q ROBINS EGG / 260Q ROBINS EGG / 260Q ROSE / 260Q BLACK / 260Q WHITE / 160Q PINK / 160Q ROBIN EGG

This is an incredibly cute rabbit. The finished balloon is quite large, is free standing and looks great. Some people may struggle with the rabbit's tummy and this is a heart with a tulip twist plus a raisin attachment point. A really good design which can be adapted to make other characters. I will be making this one a lot.

Attachment:
rabbit.jpg
rabbit.jpg [ 59.41 KiB | Viewed 1544 times ]

Twitter :
@magicworksltd

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:18 am 

GRADUATE

KIT LIST : 11" BLUSH ROUND / 6" PALE BLUE HEART / 5" PALE BLUE ROUND / 5" GOLDENROD ROUND / 5" WHITE ROUND / 321Q YELLOW / 260Q BLUSH / 260Q BLACK / 260Q PALE BLUE / 260Q YELLOW / 160Q YELLOW

This is a brilliant concept character design which can be used to make many other different ones. This graduate character is cartoon-like and maybe is the wrong colours for the UK market but easily changed. The face design is simplistic and the tulip twisted 11" blush makes an excellent face. The nose is glued in position. Even though the body is much smaller than the face, it really works very well.

There are plenty of tulips and raisins in play with this character so it may be a little challenging for some.

Attachment:
grad.jpg
grad.jpg [ 59.2 KiB | Viewed 1542 times ]

Twitter :
@magicworksltd

Profile WWW  

Post subject: 054 - MAGIC BALLOON DESIGN VOL 1 BY BEATING - IN PROGRESS
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:00 pm 

Really enjoying this review Darren. Am definitely going to invest in this. A lot of original designs and at a couple of pounds each - very good value. One question - do you have to pay import taxes? Have been caught out this way before :(
HUGE thanks for the time taken to write yet another amazing review xxx
Sonia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:46 pm 

Hi Sonia

No I didn't have to pay any import taxes. The book was marked as educational material and for some reason just arrived through my letterbox!

It is a good investment.

Twitter :
@magicworksltd

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:51 pm 

CANDY MACHINE

KIT LIST : 5" ROUND CLEAR / 5" RED ROUND / 321Q RED / 260Q RED / 160Q RED / 160Q GOLD / 160Q SILVER / PLASTIC CUP

The final balloon model in the book is probably the most challenging for one single part, the clear 5" round filled with sweets. Beating explains a method in his book which is clear enough but will require some experimentation the first time you do this. My first attempt involved just trying to stuff Cadbury's Heroes in an uninflated 5". I managed one and then it split! I then messed around and found the perfect method.

You will find a step-by-step guide on how I did it here.... post46666.html#p46666

This model is impressive but care must be taken to make the joints between each balloon as firm as you can, otherwise it doesn't sit securely on top of the cup. A large sized cup is needed here for stability. I am still not convinced whether the button on the side of the machine is necessary. It would look just as good without.

To the lay-people putting large sweets inside a round balloon is amazing - try it and see the reaction you get!

Attachment:
sweets.jpg
sweets.jpg [ 65.64 KiB | Viewed 1509 times ]

Twitter :
@magicworksltd

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:29 am 

SANTA CLAUS

KIT LIST : 15" RED HEART / 6" RED HEART / 350Q BLUSH / 350Q WHITE / 321Q WHITE / 321Q BLACK / 260Q BLUSH / 260Q WHITE / 260Q RED / 160Q WHITE

A really great Santa Clause. The use of a 15" red heart results in a large figure. The figure design itself is fairly easy and the technique to make the hat curl to one side is very clever. The rest of the design is fairly standard. The use of 321Qs makes the whole process a little easier but equally a 350Q will do the job instead if you haven't got any.

I will be making this one quite a lot over Christmas.

Attachment:
santa.jpg
santa.jpg [ 59.31 KiB | Viewed 1482 times ]

Twitter :
@magicworksltd

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:32 am 

FLOWER BOUQUET

KIT LIST : 260Q ROSE / 260Q YELLOW / 160Q YELLOW / 160Q WHITE / 160Q LIME GREEN

A nice variation on a flower bouquet. The different sizes of flowers is a nice contrast and the mix of flower designs go well together. The biggest challenge here is trying to arrange the flowers so they look nice. Nothing complicated here.

Attachment:
flowers.jpg
flowers.jpg [ 63.47 KiB | Viewed 1482 times ]

Twitter :
@magicworksltd

Profile WWW  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next