Qualatex Sempertex
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: David Crofts, March 2013
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:29 am 

What inspires or is your thought process in coming up with a new design
If I have a new design to make, I will usually have some instant thoughts on it. If I have time I will make some prototypes, otherwise just go for it, but in between I’ll try and have a good think (or maybe chat with Graham!!!) to see if there could be a better ‘less obvious’ way of approaching the theme or design.

I find looking at how cartoonists, or model makers using different materials (eg plastic toys, soft toys and other merchandise or even cake designs) helpful in providing a quick change of focus and sometimes bringing to light certain details of colour or proportion that might not initially have seemed the most important.
In a more general day to day way, looking in shop windows (doesn’t have to be toy shops), exhibitions, watching cartoons, looking at other art and sculptures can provide endless inspiration.

27, Who would you like to work with dead or alive?
In a team with Walt Disney and Salvador Dali.

Post subject: Re: David Crofts, March 2013
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:09 pm 

28, What makes you laugh?
Sometimes music, but not meaning comedy music, more like for example a superfast and perfectly timed and accurate guitar solo, that could make me laugh in sheer wonder.
Other things include funny situations. Certainly things that Graham says to me, or sometimes silly things which I realise I have done. And definitely all the very funny comments which my daughter makes.

It's been a lot of fun doing this interview, it seems like a long time since I began, hope to see some of you in Birmingham next week,
With Best Wishes
David Crofts