Qualatex Sempertex
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:37 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Patricia Bunnell Interview 18/24th Aug
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:46 pm 

More questions :)

19, What road in latex do you see yourself taking in the future

20, What is your personal goal when you set off to work? Is it money or to entertain etc?

21, What are your balloon goals for the future?

22, If you could start all over again, would you change anything?

23, How would you like the future of balloon modelling to develop?

24, Who's the most famous person you have made a balloon creation for?

http://www.balloonartwholesale.co.uk
http://www.sempertexballoons.co.uk

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:45 pm 

Hi there! Im always curious as to how other artists aquire their balloons and how often they stock up? I am very spoiled to have All American Balloon Supply to have merged with Mayflower. So how do you get every size of every color??

Hi Jack :D Acquiring balloons isn't as easy for me as it is for you... you are lucky! I have to order my Betallic online. I stock up often this time of year as it is my busy season. Unlike some lucky people I know that live in California where every season is a busy season :D It rains here in our off season... sigh. I purchase my balloons in solid colors in every size and shape available. I love latex, what can I say?

Thank you for asking

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:23 pm 

Hi Patricia,

who/what inspires you in your balloon creations?

who do you admire in the balloon industry?

are you coming over to the Millenium Jam in Belgium this year?

If you had to recommend one must have balloon DVD or book (that not is yours!) what would it be?

Last one! On another thread here we are discussing our set ups. What is your set up to go balloon modelling? What bag? What tools? What balloons? Anything you find incredibly useful that is non balloony?

Thanks for answering my daft questions!

best wishes
Danny

http://www.DannyTheIdiot.com
Follow me on Twitter at @danny_the_idiot

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:36 pm 

More questions

19, What road in latex do you see yourself taking in the future?

Marvin Hardy once said that if you practice balloons everyday that they would take you all over the world. I'm hoping that will happen. I would love to teach or perform all over the world.

20, What is your personal goal when you set off to work? Is it money or to entertain etc?

My personal goal is to create happiness where ever I go as a person, a twister or clown. If I go to an event it is my hope that I can make it an incredible memory. I am SO lucky that I can make money doing what I love. I go to play...not work :D

21, What are your balloon goals for the future?

My first goal is to create a show. Second goal is to continue teaching. and Third goal... I want to create something that is uniquely mine a new technique.

22, If you could start all over again, would you change anything?

I would start twisting younger. I am SO proud and happy of our younger generation!

23, How would you like the future of balloon modelling to develop?

If I could have the wish of my heart it would be that we as artists get the respect we deserve. I have heard that because I was sponsored to teach by Sempertex that I am of no use to the other balloon manufacturer. Imagine that to be true for all of your beloved artists! We use latex as our medium. We create art... which in turn sells balloons and makes more twisters. Imagine again where the world would be if DaVinci, Van Gogh, or Monet were told to be exclusive to one company. Maybe some day...my fantasy...will become reality.

24, Who's the most famous person you have made a balloon creation for?

Awe Geez whiz....I was hoping you would ask who I wish I could twist for...dead or alive :D I haven't made anything for anyone famous that I know of. BUT...If I could choose one person I could have made a creation for...it would be....are you ready for the answer...Princess Diana. I loved it when she smiled. To know that I could have put a smile on her face would have burned in my memory for a life time.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:12 pm 

Patricia Bunnell wrote:
If I could have the wish of my heart it would be that we as artists get the respect we deserve. I have heard that because I was sponsored to teach by Sempertex that I am of no use to the other balloon manufacturer. Imagine that to be true for all of your beloved artists! We use latex as our medium. We create art... which in turn sells balloons and makes more twisters. Imagine again where the world would be if DaVinci, Van Gogh, or Monet were told to be exclusive to one company. Maybe some day...my fantasy...will become reality.

Patricia, I never knew that you were sponsored by Sempertex. You learn something new everyday, so I better officially welcome you over to the dark side :D :lol: As you say what difference does it make what brand of balloon we choose to use to create our art.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:39 pm 

Hi Danny!

who/what inspires you in your balloon creations?
Oh wow...well, everyone inspires me. Have you ever been to a balloon jam before? I love sitting with the newbies. I learn SO much from them! I see things in ways I never thought of before. I love watching the greats twist as well... Fabrizio, Patrick Van De Ven, Ken Stillman, Shirley Ray...just to name a few!

What inspires me? Everything! I see things in clouds and think...wow...I can twist that! I then go home, pull out my balloon bag and make something I saw in the clouds. I was shopping at Barnes and Noble one day and found a fun book called "I Can Draw Cartoons" in their discount section. It has some fun characters in it. It has a picture of a vampire that became my inspiration for one creationhttp://www.balloonhq.com/photos ... catmapid=0

I have a camera in my cell phone. If I see something now that I really like I snap a picture of it! Technology is wonderful isn't it?

who do you admire in the balloon industry?

are you coming over to the Millenium Jam in Belgium this year?

I would LOVE to...I'm waiting to hear back from a large event that might happen shortly after Millenium Jam. That way I can coordinate my flights. Also I don't want to lose this event, it's big, it's fun and it's far away.....

If you had to recommend one must have balloon DVD or book (that not is yours!) what would it be?

Wow...that is a difficult question! I can tell you that when I really got started in multiple balloon twisting the one series that really grew me was Balloongineering by the Sorrels. I am so lucky that I found their videos first. They give you the tools to become creative, at least in my opinion.

Last one! On another thread here we are discussing our set ups. What is your set up to go balloon modelling? What bag? What tools? What balloons? Anything you find incredibly useful that is non balloony?

I'm attaching pictures of one of my balloon set ups. This is my BIG Kahuna...for major Jams. It is a soft sided insulated cooler that holds up to 50 cans of soda/beer. I made the pockets. No...they are NOT for sale, but I include it for you to see what you can do or have made. The pockets are made from black stretchy mesh. I tried other colors but you can see through the black better...go figure! I also have a link here for you to see other peoples set-ups. http://www.balloonhq.com/column/pbunnell/aug07/ I have several bags I use that all vary in size, but they all have my pockets on them. I find the mesh pockets one of the most valuable things I use to keep me organized. I feel being organized is one of the reasons I can twist bigger things because I'm not searching for product.

Other non balloony things I use: Glue dots, markers, and a very small table that I set my balloon bag on so I'm not bending over as much. I also have a balloon stencil that I use when I really want my artwork to be perfect. I don't typically use it at events. It's for sale on my website or you get one free with the purchase of a trio...

Thank you for reading my "daft answers" ;)

Patricia

Attachments:
balloon set up.jpg
balloon set up.jpg [ 15.07 KiB | Viewed 1899 times ]
balloon set up 2.jpg
balloon set up 2.jpg [ 14.8 KiB | Viewed 1898 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:46 pm 

http://www.balloonhq.com/photos/db/comp ... catmapid=0

Try this link for the vampire.

Patricia

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:50 pm 

Patricia, I never knew that you were sponsored by Sempertex. You learn something new everyday, so I better officially welcome you over to the dark side As you say what difference does it make what brand of balloon we choose to use to create our art.

LOL..."dark side"? Naw...I think it's the bright side! Of course over here it's called Betallatex. It's a lot easier to say Sempertex though... ;)

Patricia

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:38 pm 

Quote:
I think it's the bright side![/color]

Patricia we both know it's the bright side ;)
But that other company for some reason think we've moved over to the dark side :D :lol:

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:57 pm 

Hi Patricia,
I have just come back from the states, disappointed that I did not see you there, so I am so happy that you are right
here on our own forum.
Question for you if I may
1) if you were stuck in a lift with anyone living or dead who would it be
2) If you could be any animal or bird what wold you chose to be

Great to see you here
hugs Colin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next