Qualatex Sempertex
It is currently Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:19 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Streamlined web-site....any better than before ?
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:35 am 

Hi All.

My current web provider is changing stuff all over now, so I thought it might be time for an overhaul.

When I set up my first one I was not on facebook, so I put loads of galleries and pics on the site, but looking back now I think there is just too much to wade through.

Now I am on facebook, where I get most of my contacts from, I have streamlined my web-site, but linked it to facebook.

This is my old web-site www.funtimeballoonsweymouth.com

This is the new www.funtimeballoonsweymouth.co.uk

I did the site myself, with help from friends, and is free for the first month (it's Vistaprint) so I would appreciate your comments, and suggestions for improvements,

Many thanks

Kind regards

Website http://www.funtimeballoonsweymouth.co.uk
Gallery http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 8d15867d9c

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat healthily, and lie about your age.

Profile WWW  
 Post subject: Re: Streamlined web-site....any better than before ?
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:17 pm 

I prefer the layout of the new site, I like its compactness and it is easy to read being streamlined down the middle of the page. I did like the FAQ page on your old one - particularly about the eco-friendliness of balloons (as is something I don't think people realize).

My only other comment is about the link to Facebook - as it is a link to a Facebook personal page rather than a Fan Page (may now just be called Facebook Pages), I think that could put people off as they have to become friend rather than just "like" your page - and with people being concerned about privacy often won't be friends with people they don't know personally. I think Facebook is great way of keeping people informed but think would work better as a fan page.

Hope it is ok for me to comment - I have recently been doing some Fan pages for a couple of not for profit groups am involved with so have been made quite conscious of the different ways of using Facebook (I have a facebook page I dabble on (I think you commented on it with the jewelry from balloons links) and they are very easy to set up).