Qualatex Sempertex
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Benjamin Interview 7/13th April
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:55 pm 

Funny enough my day job is actually a night job lol. I currently work as a night porter in a 4 star hotel. I work midnight till 8/9 in the morning. It's why I have to pass on some gigs as technically I could do any day of the week but it's wouldn't be professional to turn up with bags under my eyes and yawning. I also work as a freelance outdoor pursuits instructor when I'm free and have no other work.
I used to live in Tamworth, north of Birmingham. I lived not far from Thelma or Pam Pierce. There were a few other around the area as well but wasn't really in the circuit at that point

Any other questions from anyone I'll answer the best I can :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:53 pm 

Final installment of the interview questions now :)

22, If you could start all over again, would you change anything?
Stock up and Practice more. Also I would probably use DVDs more rather than YouTube videos. I would use YouTube as well but I'd want to start building more impressive models sooner. But I would also try to get to more care and share days sooner. I realise ive missed so much from not attending any

23, How would you like the future of balloon modelling to develop?
Id like to see balloons made to be less pop-able and stay inflated for longer. I know its not a fancy goal for balloon future but how awesome would it be to be able to keep balloons for longer and still look like they did the day you make it.

24, Who's the most famous person you have made a balloon creation for?
Bear Grills is the most famous person ive made a balloon for. I was at a county scout camp with my explorers and Bear was coming to the event. I happened to have my balloons with me as i always do so i decided to make him a balloon version of himself. I had made a balloon effigy of himself and he loved it. He even told his assistant to hold it and not lose it as it was and i quote "amazing".

25, How do you keep the enthusiasm going & what still excites you about our great world of latex
When I'm performing I will naturally exude enthusiasm and will happily keep going past my time as I will be having so much fun. I still get exited about all the models I see people making from balloons. Like recently i have seen the huge pyramid made from balloons and a huge beanstalk with giants castle on top of it. It amazes me the things people can imagine and turn into balloon format.

26, What inspires or is your thought process in coming up with a new design?There isn't really one thing that inspires me. I will be watching something and suddenly think "that could be done this way" or "if I do this instead" and will try it. I have never come up with a design that is completely my own creation but i have changed several designs to make my own make on them. For example a while ago i was watching a tutorial of To-Mator from cars by Cody Williams. As i was watching I was thinking this could be done this way and i tried it and it worked out well. Was very happy with the results.

27, Who would you like to work with dead or alive?
Id love to work with everyone at some point. I first started balloons watching Dom Caldwell, Cody Williams and Jonathon Fudge on YouTube so would love to work with them in particular and to thank them for helping me get into balloons.

28, What makes you laugh?
Everything. I have a very varied sense of humor so pretty much everything makes me laugh. Except a popped balloon. That makes me sad, but only for a second and then I'm happy again :)

Yay all is well. Still if anyone wants to ask me any questions ill happy answer them all. I would like to say thanks to all for reading what i have to say :) And i look forward to seeing some of you at a care and share day or balloon event sometime soon :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:20 am 

Great interview, Shame you lost the photos of the mermaid, would have been good to see it.

Bear Grylls is my hero, me and him are exactly the same age to the day :D

Follow me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/BowTieBalloon/

Profile WWW