Qualatex Sempertex
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: I'm so new!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:39 am 

Far from brilliant?

If this is far from Brilliant, then we have a prodigy in our midst.

I've been doing balloons for over 2 decades, and I never once considered making
a toy story figure quite like yours, or nearly so successful and recognizable.

Sadly, I have no excuse for my lack of progress except that I got to the stage where
I made everyone the basics at flea markets for line twisting and what not, and then
I just stayed in that comfort zone.

Poodle. Parrot. Bunny. Blues Clues. Dinosaur. Snake. Mostly stuff that I could twist
in under a minute or in as little as 3-5. Though I do go more elaborate for birthdays.

But if this is what you can do after what is it, a few weeks? Then the 'oldtimers' like me
are in trouble, because you've serious skills!

I have to get a working camera again other than my dinky celphone, so I havn't anything
truely recent to show, but I've had a few I twisted in the past, which while did not quite
turn out the way I intended, did turn out quite amusing. Especially in just how it came out.

This one was way back when I was trying to figure out how to twist a hulk with moderate
success.

At the end of a long hot day of balloon busking, I put my own hat on my creation, gave 'em
a sword and used my coke bottle to keep it weighted and in place. But the end result in the
picture was I thought just so neat, when the wind blew it in just the right way, for it to give
my creation a sort of 'Back off man. This is MY Coke now!' glare.

Keep up the good work. You'll surpass a lot of us at this rate before long. I am reasonably sure
you've surpassed me, or atleast caught up.

Shuffles

Attachments:
File comment: Hulk with 'MY' coke, telling me to back off.
SUNP0072.JPG
SUNP0072.JPG [ 17.93 KiB | Viewed 468 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:38 am 

Very impressed with your modelling zozoo. About the balloons safety advices nd colours. That was interesting to read. Personally whenever I am working and there Re young children waiting for balloons I never give them one. I tell the parents that I can't make a balloon for their child because they are too young and till put it in their mouth which is dangerous. So instead I will make the balloon for mum or dad. It is their balloon not the child's and they should remember about the danger. So I make the balloon and they give it to their child. Well... I just hope they keep an eye on them. Advice is always given. This applies to up to four year olds and then I do the balloons for the children themselves.
Part of the addiction of balloons is seeing the look on people's faces when they are handed their balloon. Never get tired of that! Hope you can come along to a balloon day some time zoboo. Enjoy your addiction.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:56 am 

Thank you both that's really encouraging to hear! I will also definitely do as you suggest and make the balloons for the parents.

Thelma I have to say thank you to you for your great tutorials as you have taught me some great stuff. I am waiting patiently for your e-books!! :D

I'm also pondering whether to go to the care and share day in September as I think it's the closest one ran to me but I'm a bit nervous!!