Balloon blog

Started by SoniaPayne, October 31, 2012, 04:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoniaPayne

Hi there everyone

I have been umming and arrring over whether to develop a full blown website.  I really still do balloons predominately as a hobby with a few orders here and there for friends and family.  As I have recently moved into a new role in my company which means long hours and time away at this stage I am happy with this.  I do however want a web presence and somewhere to display my balloons so I can direct people to it when they ask.

With all this in mind I have decided to start a balloon blog with some additional pages for extra content.  You can find my blog here: //http://soniasballooninspirations.wordpress.com/

I use windows live writer to upload blog posts to wordpress.  As I don't' host wordpress on a domain I don't seem to be able to use any of the gallery type apps (or I dont know how to use any of them).  Anyone used wordpress in this way know how to go about getting a good gallery page running?

Thanks in advance for your help
Take care
KR
Sonia x

SoniaPayne

Hi there
No worries I have it sorted now :)
Thanks anyway
Sonia x

AliGTwister

Hi Sonia,
not sure if this will be for you,
i have just created a web site on www.wix.com. it's free  ( no catches)or you can buy a domain ( go premium ), but free is good, easy to choice your layout from 100's, and edit / add text. and unlike some you can add/ change as and when you like.  I  aim is to use it as a shop window.
 might be worth checking out. Here's what i've done so far, and i am no pro.
 www.aligtwister.wix.com/aligtwister

Alistair.

SoniaPayne

Hi there Ali G thanks so much for the info I'll give it a look.
Take care
Sonia