Pet Cemetery? The solution!

Started by C.K., January 01, 2011, 07:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.K.

Hi!
Since I am modelling balloons (a few months ago) I have discussions with my wife where to place all those balloon animals I've twisted for practice. At the moment I have one "pet cemetery" behind our couch and another in the basment.  :o

She isn't really amused about that. Over the last days I thought about a solution. And I found one. I think it is effective (in "decreasing" ballons) and secure (because of our children).

Here it is:
THE BALLOON FAKIR[/size]

You know this problem?! Many balloons and no place where to keep them?
[attachment=2:3te7admn][/attachment]fakir01.JPG[/attachment:3te7admn]
Here is the solution! Looks somehow unspectacular?!
[attachment=1:3te7admn][/attachment]fakir02.JPG[/attachment:3te7admn]
Wait, wait! Take a closer look. The Balloon Fakir (TM) has an opening. But what's inside?
[attachment=0:3te7admn][/attachment]fakir03.JPG[/attachment:3te7admn]

C.K.

You can move the bottom of the box. Take it out...
[attachment=2:1ksnfh6g][/attachment]fakir04.JPG[/attachment:1ksnfh6g]
... and turn it around. Here it is the secret: The bed of nails!
[attachment=1:1ksnfh6g][/attachment]fakir05.JPG[/attachment:1ksnfh6g]
Bring the Balloon Fakir (C) above the balloons.
[attachment=0:1ksnfh6g][/attachment]fakir06.JPG[/attachment:1ksnfh6g]

C.K.

Press it down! Up and down and up and...[attachment=2:3h8kek44][/attachment]fakir07.jpg[/attachment:3h8kek44]
... down. More pressure and up and down...[attachment=1:3h8kek44][/attachment]fakir08.jpg[/attachment:3h8kek44]
... until you "hit" the ground.
[attachment=0:3h8kek44][/attachment]fakir09.jpg[/attachment:3h8kek44]

C.K.

Thank you Balloon Fakir, you did it again!  :D
[attachment=0:1fgn50tf][/attachment]fakir10.jpg[/attachment:1fgn50tf]

I've the feeling from now on this is MY favorite method to clean up our house from all those animals! And what is YOURS?!  :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Carsten

Mark-m

You are a Most Horrid and Barbarous Murderer  :D

C.K.

You're welcome!  :D

Graham Lee

That is funny, I use orange citrus spray.
"Lets Improve Our Art"
Balloon Excellence 2012 Award Winner
For Services to the Balloon Community.
https://www.balloonartwholesale.co.uk
http://www.sempertexballoons.co.uk

Billy Wiz

What does the citrus spray do?

Graham Lee

The citrus pops the balloons, do not use it though if you want to twist after as when it's on your hands it will pop everything you touch.
"Lets Improve Our Art"

Billy Wiz

Ideal, I'll try that, thanks for the tip Graham.

Graham Lee

I have only seen it for sale in America, it has to be genuine pure citrus spray and not a fake smelling one.
"Lets Improve Our Art"

jackmagic1

Wait a minute!  Don't pop them!  As one who got in trouble from the wife for throwing all my practice pieces in the garage and making a mess, here is what I started to do a couple of years ago.  Come to find out, it takes care of the mess and is great for inexpensive advertising:)  Rather than pop your practice pieces, how about delivering them to someone or some place who can enjoy them?  As most of us experience, even what we consider "basic" can make almost anyone smile.  Retirement homes, preschools, small businesses, potential restaurants, local fire/police departments, hospitals, and many other establishments would absolutely LOVE to receive these balloons.  Let's say we have been practing a balloon dog.  Now we have a theme which gives us ideas of where to bring the pieces.  Months ago I was practicing Scooby Doo.  Instead of throwing in in to the garage, I delivered it with my business card of course to the local pet store.  They LOVED what I brought them and hired me for a grand opening of another store.  Another example is a giant mouth with teeth I was working on a while back.  I delivered this piece to a local dentist and have been working for this client ever since.  This technique has proven VERY useful in connecting with future clients and gigs.  Plus it gets rid of our messes.  I suggest giving it a try, you just might have as much fun as I did with it.  Take care all!!
Jack
p.s.  Who's coming to Twist and Shout???
How much do you charge?  A fortune!

C.K.

Hey Jack,
what a pleasure to meet you here. It's me... from Germany! I am the one asking all the time for your One-Ballooners.  :D

By the way: I love the term "JOB". Do you know what this stands for? --> Jack's One Ballooners !!  :geek:

Thanks for your advice. But remember: Not all twisters are as good as you are... I am an absolute beginner and I don't know if I would get bookings from my very basic balloons.

Cheers,
Carsten

Quote from: "jackmagic1"Wait a minute!  Don't pop them!  As one who got in trouble from the wife for throwing all my practice pieces in the garage and making a mess, here is what I started to do a couple of years ago.  Come to find out, it takes care of the mess and is great for inexpensive advertising:)  Rather than pop your practice pieces, how about delivering them to someone or some place who can enjoy them?  As most of us experience, even what we consider "basic" can make almost anyone smile.  Retirement homes, preschools, small businesses, potential restaurants, local fire/police departments, hospitals, and many other establishments would absolutely LOVE to receive these balloons.  Let's say we have been practing a balloon dog.  Now we have a theme which gives us ideas of where to bring the pieces.  Months ago I was practicing Scooby Doo.  Instead of throwing in in to the garage, I delivered it with my business card of course to the local pet store.  They LOVED what I brought them and hired me for a grand opening of another store.  Another example is a giant mouth with teeth I was working on a while back.  I delivered this piece to a local dentist and have been working for this client ever since.  This technique has proven VERY useful in connecting with future clients and gigs.  Plus it gets rid of our messes.  I suggest giving it a try, you just might have as much fun as I did with it.  Take care all!!
Jack
p.s.  Who's coming to Twist and Shout???

Pam Pearce

If you are practising why not just give the balloons away to a local nursey or local children.  We found when we practised if we did not get rid of the balloons we did not make another one.

Must admit living at the side of a canal, there are always a lot of people around for us to give them to... even the people on the boats passing used to get them..

It gives so much more pleasure than popping them!!! although I have to admit popping balloons is a great way to release stress..

Pam
xx

Benjamin

As im still only a advanced begginer when ive made models for practice i either give them away. Or ill untwist and cut as close to the knot saving most of the balloon and put it in my scraps. Not only does it save money but i also get some decent sized scraps to use again
"At the touch of her lips, it grew long and swollen. I gasped as she squeezed and pulled expertly. It was the best balloon giraffe I\'d seen."