First Event

Started by MichelleLaw, October 22, 2012, 09:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichelleLaw

Hi All,

So yesterday I did my first bigger event, it was for a friends christening so there was some pressure but not as much as doing an event for someone you don't know. Anyway here are some pictures of it, please let me know what you think worked and what you think could be tweeked for next time :-)

Snurb

They look great. Love the letters on pillars. The one bit I would say, and it is nothing really, is on the dummy leave the curling tail of the ribbon longer and not as tightly curled. I always measire it from the tips of my fingers to my elbow and curl it using my nails so it is not to tightly curled.

funat60

They all look great, but I love the columns as well!  Good job!
Millie
Twisting Grandma

MichelleLaw

Thank you for the feedback, yes my tails I knew as soon as I had done it, it was to tight lol  :D

If I had more time I would have re done it I think but, as we were invited to the christening and when the venue opened I had 1 hour to get it all set up, it was really tight for time  :)

Morethanballoons

Love the way you have saved on Helium with the Columns.

If this is your first event there are going to be some very happy clients out there!

Great Job  :)
Paul
Not a professional... but loves Putting a new twist on latex
https://www.facebook.com/morethanballoons.biz/

susee

MichelleLaw It's your first event and believe me you did a great job. I also like the third one Thomas on pillars.

dessy77

Very nice.
Silly question from a complete nivice.. :oops: How do you attach the letters to the top of the colums?

harold_a_shaver

For  a first event - you are awesome!! I love that you got creative and staggered the columns with the letters on them instead of having them all the same height. Excellent job

alysia

Question: did you heat seal the letters?
According to this order page:
http://www.balloonsnmore.com/shop/shopd ... search=yes
The letters need to be heat sealed.

Would a woman's curling iron be okay to use as a heat sealer? I have to do letters for a party I'm doing this weekend, so I'm trying to figure this out!

Thanks!