140 - OCD DVD BY MATT FALLOON

Started by nippy99, December 29, 2014, 04:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nippy99

Balloon Review 140 : O.C.D by Matt Falloon DVD

Matt is an incredibly good twister and I was excited to see the launch of his first DVD. Matt has released some designs on balloon-animals.com previously but these ones are all new and original. The quality of the DVD is excellent, very well produced and Matt is an excellent teacher.

Be warned - this DVD is not for beginners. The cover promises a double frumple twist - argh!

Available from Continental Sales priced $45 - http://www.continentalsales.net/item.php?it=8446&id=343

Let see what we have here....
Darren Atkins
MagicWorks Ltd

Twitter :
@magicworksltd

nippy99

SHEEP

This sheep is incredibly simple, very fast to make, perfect for line work and the way Matt has designed this sheep is ingenious. Only takes 1-2 mins to construct and wow what an impressive model. My advice would be to stock up on white geos... you are going to make lots of these!

Brilliant!

[attachment=0:5iw8q7ze][/attachment]sheep.jpg[/attachment:5iw8q7ze]
Darren Atkins
MagicWorks Ltd

Twitter :
@magicworksltd

nippy99

BUTTERFLY

A lovely butterfly design to be held on a hand band or worn on the wrist. A good application of a 321Q for the face and the body. I really love the way Matt mounts the balloon onto the headband using a Geo - you will love the simplicity of this once you have watched the DVD. This method can be used to quickly and neatly mount any model onto a headband.

[attachment=0:308epq21][/attachment]butterfly.jpg[/attachment:308epq21]
Darren Atkins
MagicWorks Ltd

Twitter :
@magicworksltd

nippy99

BEE

A spin off variation of the Butterfly is this Bumblebee. Fairly hard to take a decent photo. This one is OK but not sure when I will use it. Quick to make using a 321Q yellow.

[attachment=0:1efg9m4c][/attachment]bee.jpg[/attachment:1efg9m4c]
Darren Atkins
MagicWorks Ltd

Twitter :
@magicworksltd

Areyouhappydad

Love that sheep  :D
Kindest Regards
Stuart

We all have our cross to bear, but some of us need more wood than others!

nippy99

ELEPHANT

Most applications for the new Q-links to date has been nothing more than a way to use a traditional round balloon without the need for a raisin. This design takes the use of the Q-link to another level to create this incredible elephant. I am frequently asked for elephants on my walkabout gigs and struggle to create a really nice one that can be made quickly. This one is absolutely brilliant. It looks so cool. Just a shame there are no Q-links in grey available.

Matt also shows a variation to create a 'mammoth' by adding tusks.

[attachment=0:2nkh00u1][/attachment]780-elephant.jpg[/attachment:2nkh00u1]
Darren Atkins
MagicWorks Ltd

Twitter :
@magicworksltd

nippy99

DOLPHIN

A very topical balloon given I spent some of today learning Graham's dolphin at our Care and Share day - this one is fairly complicated and uses a heart as the main body. In my mind the body and mouth shape isn't quite right and I prefer the traditional dolphin look. Fairly time consuming to make and I would struggle to find a 'real world' use for this design.

[attachment=0:1ewd5l0a][/attachment]781-dolphin.jpg[/attachment:1ewd5l0a]
Darren Atkins
MagicWorks Ltd

Twitter :
@magicworksltd

nippy99

SEAHORSE

A very nice seahorse design. The body uses a round balloon with a side wall bubble so you will need to keep this balloon nice and soft. The only difficult part is the tail which requires an incredibly deep tulip / s-twist. This is not the the faint hearted. Matt shows a great way of making the tail but i did really struggle so I cheated. I used the technique where you insert a 160Q inside the 260Q and pull it as you inflate it to make a nice tight curl in the tail.

The stingray is not shown in the DVD - that is my design ;-)

[attachment=0:1lqwr576][/attachment]782-seahorse.jpg[/attachment:1lqwr576]
Darren Atkins
MagicWorks Ltd

Twitter :
@magicworksltd

Joshoid

I love this DVD, and yes, the sheep is a true gem. It has replaced my previous favorite (from Wowables 2) as my favorite sheep figure!

zozoo

I just made the lamb. I have made it in to a balloon cup for a prize today. I love it, so easy to do as well!

Lee Reilly

This tutorial is certainly on my Christmas list