Balloon Chat

Uncategorized Boards => Advertising Work => Topic started by: scallywag on July 09, 2014, 11:31:19 PM

Title: Balloon Busking
Post by: scallywag on July 09, 2014, 11:31:19 PM
I am sure this topic has been brought up before; but I am trying to find out how easy it is to sell balloon models myself say in a high street or on a beach. There seem to be three licenses out there. 'Street trader' which is designed for market stall holders . 'Busker' which I am technically not as a busker is not allowed to charge for balloons (I think); the third license is a 'Pedlars Certificate' which seems to be designed for door to door salesmen.

Has anyone else managed to sell balloons locally; do you need a license? and if so which one? How feasible is it?

Any feedback greatly appreciated!

The Scallywag  :D
Title: Re: Balloon Busking
Post by: Graham Lee on July 10, 2014, 12:08:52 AM
Locally to where I live if you add ambience to the town centre then they are happy for you to be there.
A street trader would be good then you can actually charge but what about trying to get into a shopping centre,
possibly offer a free 45 min magic for a trade to sell balloons for the rest of the day then weather is not an issue.
Title: Re: Balloon Busking
Post by: scallywag on July 11, 2014, 09:29:45 PM
Thanks for the advice Graham; felt sure you might know the answer. Looks like shopping centers might be a good place to start.

Martin  :D
Title: Re: Balloon Busking
Post by: Z0E on January 29, 2015, 08:58:29 AM
In the place I used to live people used to get a 'pedlars certificate' and trade in the town centre with a trolley or cart selling things like jewellery etc, apparently the deal was that they could trade in the town centre but their trolley/cart was supposed to be mobile i.e on wheels, with the official policy being that they could trade but they were supposed to keep moving around (whether they always did actually keep moving about is another matter)I have always thought of a pedlars license as being for this type of selling although it may also cover door to door selling as well. I would of thought that sometimes a pedlars license might be appropriate for a balloon modeller to use to trade on the street although there may be different rules in different parts of the country. I just wanted to point this out as you have said above that you think it is for door to door selling but I have come across it being used by street traders quite a few times.
Title: Re: Balloon Busking
Post by: lowemagic on January 30, 2015, 03:39:10 PM
Why not ask your Council which licence you need.